- To promote a learning environment that is active, constructive, collaborative, goal-oriented, investigative, and meaningful.
- To encourage student-centred learning by allowing students to construct knowledge through their own investigations.
- To establish a strong foundation for stimulating learning as a life-long process.
- To promote analytical and critical thinking so that learners will acquire meaningful knowledge, not merely remember facts. New information is created when my students make a personal discovery. So I will allow my students to undertake their own investigations to improve their understanding.
- To promote active engagement and meaningful dialogue to guide learners whenever necessary.
- My students will learn new skills and obtain new knowledge in a comfortable classroom environment where they can express themselves without fear.
- My students will be imbued with the love of learning. They will be trained to be active, constructive and goal-oriented learners.
- My students will be treated as individuals and will be given due respect and also learn to respect the views of their peers.
- I will take note that each student is a unique learner who deserves my love, attention, and respect.